½ medium onion peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
100g carrot finely grated
400g lean minced beef (10% fat)
Sea salt and ground pepper
½ tsp dried herbs
For the celeriac chips:
750g celeriac, peeled
1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200c/fan/gas7.
2. To make the celeriac chips, cut the celeriac into roughly 1.5cm slices, and then into chips. Place in a bowl with the oil, a couple of pinches of sea salt and lots of ground pepper. Toss well together.
3. Scatter over a baking tray and bake for 20 mins. Turn to chips over, and cook for another 5-10mins.
4. Meanwhile, make the burgers. Put onion, garlic, carrot, mince, ½ tsp salt and dried mixed herbs in a bowl, season with lots of ground black pepper and combine with your hands.
5. Divide mixture into 4 balls and flatten into burger shapes.
6. Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook burgers without extra fat for 10 mins, or until lightly brown.
7. Press every now and then with a spatula so they cook evenly.
8. Divide the chips between 4 warmed plates and serve the burger alongside, with some salad.
9. Optional: Add some kimchi on the side!
300 Calories per serving